Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Turning 28

A couple days ago was my birthday.  I had a fun but crazy weekend, regret partying so much. It's Wednesday night and I'm still hurting a bit, even after sleeping most of the day on Sunday evening and Monday. Since moving to Toronto, I've had a love/hate relationship with alcohol and certain other substances.  I've come a long way from where I was a couple years ago, but I still have my vices.  I'm confident that as the recovery from a weekend like the one I just had becomes more and more hard to manage, the less I will partake in such activities.  I'm slowly phasing it out, having so many other things going on is helping.

Yesterday I spoke with my mother (such a great woman by the way, but I'm sure I'll cover that in a future post) and learned that my Grandpa Bailey is not doing very well. Fainting spells, confusion, general weakness.  I was very sad to hear this news. He's been in the hospital all week. My mom has been visiting him every morning before work, he keeps telling her he just wants to go home and see Grandma. The ambulance sounds are frightening him and he keeps wandering the halls at night looking for her. It's so sad to think of all that going on.  I'll be down there this weekend so I'll definitely pay him a visit, I hope I can help somehow. My Grandma isn't getting around so well either these days. They're at "that age" unfortunately. Sometimes I hope I don't make it to "that age".  My Grandparents have always been very supportive of me, so I am going to try and return the favour as much as possible.

Work has been very busy but I'm starting to buckle down and make sure I stay ahead instead of delaying tasks like I've often done in the past. I've been eating very well lately, only salads for lunch and less snacking at night. I've also vowed cut out french fries, pop and beer for the summer.

Skating has been going well, when I can make it there. Between DJ gigs on Fridays and working late on Wednesdays, it's been difficult.

This weekend Chris and I will be getting our engagement photos done in Windsor. I'll be sure to post some on here.  We're also meeting with our potential wedding decorator.  And most importantly, we'll get to see my parents and Brady!

It's been good to share all this, I was feeling pretty anxious earlier after reading my mom's email about my Grandpa and thinking about the gig I have tomorrow evening at an upscale venue I've never been to. I hope they enjoy the music.

Until next post, Kevin the 28 year old, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment